The Bart & Nadia Sports Experience, in association with The Oklahoman, encourages families to take ownership of their health through activities that embrace Olympic, Paralympic and Special Olympics ideals with an emphasis on sports, nutrition and wellness. Please connect with us at www.BartandNadiaSportsExperience.com, or on our social media platforms, Facebook and Twitter .
The Bart & Nadia Sports Experience - FREE FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
* Saturday, Feb. 14, 2015, 9 A.M. - 5 P.M. at the Cox Convention Center in OKC *
- Health and fitness related booths offering information on nutrition, health care, exercise, sports activities and more!
- Sports and other fitness activities for kids!
- The Oklahoma Caring Van Program is providing FREE body mass index (BMI) screenings to kids age 18 and under. A BMI screening can help you determine if a child is at risk for health problems based on his or her weight. Just stop by the Caring Van located in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield booth. Children can also spin the Wheel of Health for a prize.
- Prize Giveaways courtesy of The Oklahoman.
Perfect 10 Fitness Challenge:
Kids who complete 10 various fun fitness activities will earn a Bart & Nadia Sports Experience gold medal.
Activities available for kids to try:
- Bart Conner Gymnastics Challenge
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma Kayak Challenge
- Devon Energy Rowing Challenge
- The Oklahoman Archery Challenge
- INTEGRIS Health Adventure Experience Challenge
- OKC Energy FC Soccer Challenge
- OKCCVB Tennis Challenge
- OKC Thunder Basketball Challenge
- OKC Barons Hockey Challenge
- Chickasaw Nation Mega Obstacle Course Challenge
- Homeland Stores Boxing Challenge
- Oklahoma Local Weightlifting Committee Challenge
Perfect 10 Challenge
- An exciting women's collegiate gymnastics competition featuring the University of Oklahoma and the University of Kentucky. One night only on Friday, February 13, 2015, at 6:45 p.m. at the Cox Arena & Convention Center.
Nadia Comaneci Invitational
- Age Group Competition: more than 1,500 level 2 through level 10 USAG and AAU gymnasts from all around the US will compete over three days. February 13-15, 2015, at the Cox Arena & Convention Center.
The Nadia Comaneci International Invitational
- International Competition: competition among international elite gymnasts from the US and several foreign countries. One night only on Saturday, February 14, 2015, at 7 p.m. at the Cox Arena & Convention Center.
Bart Conner International Invitational
- More than 300 boys level 4 and up compete in the 31st edition of this meet over two days. February 13-14, 2015, at the Cox Arena & Convention Center. .
OKC RIVERSPORT Activities:
» OKC RIVERSPORT Indoor Kayak & Rowing Challenge
Experience the excitement of rowing and kayaking on the Oklahoma River! See the top kayakers in the nation competing during the OKC RIVERSPORT Indoor Kayak Championships at the Cox Convention Center. And watch OKC RIVERSPORT Juniors, Masters and Corporate Rowing League teams race in the winter Indoor Rowing Championship. Try it yourself when you hop on an indoor rowing or kayak machine.
» OKC RIVERSPORT RUNderground
Join us for a fun-run in the Oklahoma City Underground. The race starts at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 14, 2015, in the Cox Convention Center on the first floor (street level). Participants run two laps of the course through The Underground, which equals 3.1 miles, or 5K.
University Of Central Oklahoma Wellness Activities:
» Archery Challenge:
Come test your Robin Hood skills with the Archery Challenge at the Bart & Nadia Sports Experience. Challenge participants will learn the basic rules of archery and get the opportunity to shoot 3 arrows with a real bow.
» Adventure Experiences Challenge:
Test your skills with the latest trend of slacklining. Participants will have the opportunity to try to balance themselves while walking across a nylon-tensioned rope that feels similar to a long, narrow trampoline!
OKC Barons Hockey Activities:
- Teamwork is key, as groups of friends and family work together to score more goals than the opposing team in a real game of Floor Hockey with the Oklahoma City Barons Community Team.
- Mini hockey games throughout the day for kids to enjoy.
- Floor Hockey Caravan program to teach kids about healthy lifestyles, teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Special appearances by OKC Barons Mascots Derrick and Bit, and the OKC Barons Ice Girls!
OKC Thunder Activities:
- Sport court set up where kids can participate in the Thunder Basketball Skills Challenge.
- Special appearances from Rumble and the Thunder Girls!
- Performances from the Thunder Dunk Team and Thunder Drummers!
Sooner Junior Activities:
- Includes 60" flat screen TV with Xbox kinnect games for up to 4 people to play at a time (games include Just Dance, Xbox Active, Xbox Sports, NCAA 2013 football, and NBA 2K13).
- Giveaway items: posters, foam fingers, cups, drawstring backpacks, and t-shirts. Also, an "enter to win!"
- Sooner Jr. Interactive Table:
- Includes Sooner Jr. posters to hand out and a Make Your Own My Plate Sooner Style (coloring page).
- 2 iPads with Sooner Jr. interactive iPhone app for kids to play.
- Boomer and Sooner, RufNeks and Sooner Schooner visit!
- Inflatable Hoop Shoot Basketball Game
- Meet & Greet OU athletes!
- Costumed Mascots and Spirit Appearances.
- SW Dairy Farmers Mobile Dairy Unit.
Bart Conner Gymnastics Academy Activities:
» Children will be taught various gymnastics skills including tumbling, vaulting, balance beam and parallel bars.
Schlegel Bicycles Activities:
- Bike safety obstacle course.
- First 300 kids will receive a FREE helmet, and can decorate their helmet at the craft station by Team Turtle.
- Coloring and safety info pages.
USTA Tennis Activities:
» Tennis is a sport of a lifetime. Anyone can play the game, regardless of age or ability. Come take a swing at it and learn more about this sport that will help keep you healthy and happy! Here are some of the activities you will experience:
- Get your chance to rally with a Pro!
- Participate in tennis target challenge.
- Learn great racquet skills!
Kids will get to engage in "10 & Under Tennis" - a more kid-friendly way to play the game! With bigger and slower tennis balls, racquets customized for smaller hands, and a smaller court, kids will have more fun and less frustration while learning to play the game.
OKC Energy Activities:
Do you have what it takes to be a World Class Striker!? Step up and take your best penalty shot, and score one for the Oklahoma City Energy FC!
OKC RedHawks Activities:
The OKC RedHawks will have an inflatable baseball game! Come take a swing!
Oklahoma Local Weightlifting Committee Challenge:
Youth weightlifting clinic with Steve Miller:
- Learn how to perfrom Olympic-style movements such as the snatch, the clean and jerk!
Homeland Stores Boxing Challenge:
Students will test their skills on the heavy bag and learn great combos from Title Boxing Club!