The Bart & Nadia Sports Experience, in association with The Oklahoman, encourages families to take ownership of their health through activities that embrace Olympic, Paralympic and Special Olympics ideals with an emphasis on sports, nutrition and wellness. Please connect with us at www.BartandNadiaSportsExperience.com, or on our social media platforms, Facebook and Twitter .
The Bart & Nadia Sports Experience - FREE FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
*Saturday, Feb. 13, 2016, 9 A.M. - 5 P.M. at the Cox Convention Center in OKC*
- Health and fitness related booths offering information on nutrition, health care, exercise, sports activities and more!
- Sports and other fitness activities for kids!
- The Oklahoma Caring Van Program is providing FREE body mass index (BMI) screenings to kids age 18 and under. A BMI screening can help you determine if a child is at risk for health problems based on his or her weight. Just stop by the Caring Van located in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield booth. Children can also spin the Wheel of Health for a prize.
- Prize Giveaways courtesy of The Oklahoman.
Perfect 10 Fitness Challenge:
Kids who complete in 10 various fun fitness activities will earn a Bart & Nadia Sports Experience gold medal.
Activities available for kids to try:
- Bart Conner Gymnastics Challenge
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma Kayak Challenge
- Devon Energy Rowing Challenge
- The Oklahoman Archery Challenge
- INTEGRIS Health Adventure Experience Challenge
- OKC Energy FC Soccer Challenge
- OKCCVB Tennis Challenge
- OKC Thunder Basketball Challenge
- Chickasaw Nation Mega Obstacle Course Challenge
- ASA/USA Softball Challenge
- USPTA Weightlifting Challenge
- OKC Dodgers Pitching Challenge
- Schlegel Bike Safety Course
- OKC Strikers Cricket Challenge
Perfect 10 Challenge
- An exciting women's collegiate gymnastics competition featuring the University of Oklahoma, Denver and Utah State. One night only on Friday, February 12, 2016, at 6:45 p.m. at the Cox Arena & Convention Center.
Nadia Comaneci Invitational
- Age Group Competition: more than 1,500 level 2 through level 10 USAG and AAU gymnasts from all around the US will compete over three days. February 12-14, 2016, at the Cox Arena & Convention Center.
The Nadia Comaneci International Invitational
- International Competition: competition among international elite gymnasts from the US and several foreign countries. One night only on Saturday, February 13, 2016, at 7 p.m. at the Cox Arena & Convention Center.
Bart Conner International Invitational
- More than 300 boys level 4 and up compete in the 31st edition of this meet over two days. February 12-13, 2016, at the Cox Arena & Convention Center. .
OKC RIVERSPORT Activities:
» OKC RIVERSPORT Indoor Kayak & Rowing Challenge
Experience the excitement of rowing and kayaking on the Oklahoma River! See the top kayakers in the nation competing during the OKC RIVERSPORT Indoor Kayak Championships at the Cox Convention Center. And watch OKC RIVERSPORT Juniors, Masters and Corporate Rowing League teams race in the winter Indoor Rowing Championship. Try it yourself when you hop on an indoor rowing or kayak machine.
» OKC RIVERSPORT RUNderground
Join us for a fun-run in the Oklahoma City Underground. The race starts at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 13, 2016, in the Cox Convention Center on the first floor (street level). Participants run two laps of the course through The Underground, which equals 3.1 miles, or 5K.
University Of Central Oklahoma Wellness Activities:
» Archery Challenge:
Come test your Robin Hood skills with the Archery Challenge at the Bart & Nadia Sports Experience. Challenge participants will learn the basic rules of archery and get the opportunity to shoot 3 arrows with a real bow.
» Adventure Experiences Challenge:
Test your skills with the latest trend of slacklining. Participants will have the opportunity to try to balance themselves while walking across a nylon-tensioned rope that feels similar to a long, narrow trampoline!
OKC Thunder Activities:
- Come check out the OG&E Thunder Bolt. The OG&E Thunder Bolt is a traveling exhibit vehicle that serves as an interactive Thunder Basketball experience! It is stocked with multiple fan interactive opportunities for all ages including trivia, a branded locker for photo opportunites, player measure ups, and a photo booth that will allow you to instantly share your pictures.
Sooner Junior Activities:
- OU Athletics Trailer: Includes 60" flat screen TV with Xbox kinnect games for up to 4 people to play at a time (games include Just Dance, Xbox Active, Xbox Sports, NCAA 2013 football, and NBA 2K13).
- Giveaway items: posters, foam fingers, cups, drawstring backpacks, and t-shirts. Also, an "enter to win!"
- Sooner Jr. Interactive Table: Includes Sooner Jr. posters to hand out and a Make Your Own My Plate Sooner Style (coloring page).
- 2 iPads with Sooner Jr. interactive iPhone app for kids to play.
- Boomer and Sooner, RufNeks and Sooner Schooner visit!
- Inflatable Hoop Shoot Basketball Game
- Meet & Greet OU athletes!
- Costumed Mascots and Spirit Appearances.
Bart Conner Gymnastics Academy Activities:
» Children will be taught various gymnastics skills including tumbling, vaulting, balance beam and parallel bars.
Schlegel Bicycles Activities:
- Bike safety obstacle course.
- First 300 kids will receive a FREE helmet, and can decorate their helmet at the craft station by Team Turtle.
- Coloring and safety info pages.
USTA Tennis Activities:
» Tennis is a sport of a lifetime. Anyone can play the game, regardless of age or ability. Come take a swing at it and learn more about this sport that will help keep you healthy and happy! Here are some of the activities you will experience:
- Get your chance to rally with a Pro!
- Participate in tennis target challenge.
- Learn great racquet skills!
Kids will get to engage in "10 & Under Tennis" - a more kid-friendly way to play the game! With bigger and slower tennis balls, racquets customized for smaller hands, and a smaller court, kids will have more fun and less frustration while learning to play the game.
OKC Energy Activities:
Do you have what it takes to be a World Class Striker!? Step up and take your best penalty shot, and score one for the Oklahoma City Energy FC!
OKC Dodgers Pitching Challenge:
Be the next Oklahoma City Dodgers prospect. Stop by and show off your arm!
USPTA Weightlifting Challenge:
Youth weightlifting clinic:
- Learn how to perfrom Olympic-style movements such as the snatch, the clean and jerk!
Whether you want to pitch or hit, stop by and say 'hello' to the staff of ASA/USA Softball. We'll have some freebies and plenty of fun! Come learn about the events run by ASA/USA Softball!
OKC Strikers Club Cricket Challenge:
Stop by and try out the game of cricket! Participants can learn batting techniques and bowling (pitching) actions with kid friendly cricket equipment. Learn all about cricket from real players in their full game day gear!